Hope you’re all doing well!
It is my sisters wedding this weekend, so things have been all system go, my brother and his wife have flown over from the USA, I don’t get to see them that often, so this is all very exciting!
I have been exploring different hair masks recently. Going out and buying them can be a bit of a faff, and I thought, there must surely be an easy recipe I can use. I found one that you probably have in your cupboards already!
I found such a simple recipe. Two things. Honey and olive oil. That’s right. Honey and olive oil have amazing benefits for your hair.
Honey strengthens your hair follicules and cleans them out. It helps keep the moisture in your hair, preventing damage and breakage (a reason which prevents hair growth). It also helps keep the scalp healthy because its antibacterial properties help prevent infection.
Olive oil is also another god send for hair. It helps to strengthen hair and add some shine. Olive oil will give your split ends that TLC they need. It also helps with dandruff and makes your hair feel nice and soft.
- Mix the honey and olive oil together. (you may need to double the amount depending on length of hair)
- Heat the mixture up. (I microwaved it for a minute)
- Wait for it a be cool enough to touch, then run the mixture through your hair. (I just use my hands but if you want to avoid get messy maybe try gloves?)
- Leave on for 30 minutes. (I put clingfilm on my head just to make sure the mixture doesn’t run or touch anything)
- Business as usual (wash as you usually do).
I love home made remedies! Have you made any for your hair? Which is your favourite?
All my love, Em x